Tuesday, July 10, 2012

On the road again with the Chuck Wagon!!


Well the “Chuck Wagon” was off and running for Sturgis on 7/8. I must say we have a lot of STUFF in the camper and the truck. If we forgot something I will be surprised. Chuck and I had been planning for sometime to go and see “What Sturgis was all about.” The plan is to take our time and get there on 7/29. Our first stop was visit my grandchildren, the 3 boys, in Crawfordville. We are staying at the Wakulla County campground in Newport, Florida. We pull in and get out to survey our site and the BIGGEST mosquitoes you have ever seen attack us. The tropical storm left a ton of water all around and the mosquitoes are breeding like crazy. Chuck is worried about getting Malaria:))

Who cares about mosquitoes when right next door is Ouzts' Too Bar having a Wet T-Shirt contest. There was a great band playing making the event even better. As if the Wet T-Shirt wasn't enough:)) What a great way to start off the trip!

We had a nice dinner with the boys and Loren's father, Glenn at Beef o Brady's. The boys were so cute and I really enjoy their hugs.

We decided to go Tallahassee on Monday to look at Triumph motorcycles but the shop was closed. What a bummer!! I was wanting Chuck to get a new motorcycle. We ended up having a nice lunch at Calico Jacks and then headed back to the campground to fight the mosquitoes. I then decided to go say my goodbye to my 3 little boys. They were happy to see their Papa Tom bring his motorcycle. I had a lot of good hugs and told them I would see them in August.

We are heading to our next location on Tuesday. We are staying at the Big Lagoon State Park. Lets hope the mosquitoes are gone so we can enjoy the gulf.







No comments:

Post a Comment